HTML5- 10 Most Important Features & Advantages
Which is the most preferred technology framework for front end development ?
The advent of the mobile-first era has led more and more developers to develop mobile friendly websites with HTML5. The HTML5 benefits are evolving each day to provide functionalities as par with native technologies. It is the fact that major benefits of HTML5 are not a singular thing, whether you like it or not.
Owing to its new and powerful features for both developers and end user, it is already used to code the websites around the world. HTML5 benefits is enabled by all new modern desktop and mobile browsers, or for mobile App web developments.
Here are the HTML5 benefits, why we should use HTML5 right now.
1. Using HTML5 helps to eliminate most div tags and replace them with semantic elements. The designers use clean and neater code.
2. Make a more detailed understanding of the structure of a page with the help of HTML5.
3. HTML5 with its new features and standards makes easier application with easy front-ends, drag and drop tools, wikis, discussion boards and other useful elements. Take advantage of these features in application.
4. Share the information with people where you are in the world with the help of Geolocation. The different ways to figure out – your IP address, wireless network connection, cell tower your phone is talking to or dedicated GPS hardware to calculate the latitude and longitude from information sent by satellites. With the new HTML5 Geolocation APIs make location directly available to any HTML5 compatible browser based application.
5. HTML5 provides a smarter solution to specify the files that the browser should cache. The pages can be loaded correctly even when offline.
6. In case of reduction in cookie size, with HTML5 can be used session Storage and local Storage. Store the structured data temporarily, not on a permanent basis.
7. The standardized codes of HTML5 elements increase the semantic value of the web page. With the specific tags for the headers, nav, footers etc, the designers know the meaning and purpose in the whole format.
9. Look for greater consistency by adopting HTML5 to code a web page on one site compared to another. You can easily understand how a webpage is structured and make it easier for designers.
10. HTML5 has many features including <video>, <audio>, charts, high-quality drawings, animations as well as integration of SVG content. It is easy to integrate multimedia and graphical content to the web without using flash and third party plugging. The semantic value of the document can be enriched by new elements like <section>, <article>, <header>, <nav> and more.
Recommended Post: 7 Popular HTML5 editors for Web Developers
Also feel a bit overwhelmed with the changes in HTML5 i.e. customization of HTML5 templates:
-New Doctype: <! DOCTYPE html>
-The introduction of <figure> element to associate captions with their image counterparts
-The <small> element refers to small print; it can be denoted as the correct wrapper of information.
-HTML5 benefits removes the <type> attribute altogether
-The use of quotes can be dependent on the users
-<Content editable> allows the user to edit any of the text contained within the element including its children.
-Email inputs to instruct the browser to allow only strings confirming email addresses
-Placeholders and local storage grouped in for the Convenience sake in HTML5
-Also it is important to understand what is not HTML5 : SVG, CSS3, Geolocation, client storage, web sockets
-Easily create sliders with the range of input
What else is possible with HTML5? Still more HTML5 benefits can be seen…
Start using HTML5 in your design languages, this is just an overview. There is lot more to know about HTML5. Talk to our HTML5 developers now !
If you have any query: Contact Markupbox