Best WordPress Security Plugins in 2017
Online business is growing at an incredible rate from last two years. That’s why website security has become a valuable concern for every digital agency. WordPress plugins 2017 gives each business firm an assurance of full security to their business websites.
More than 80 million sites are built using WordPress and this number is growing at a great pace every day. It has seasoned into far more than the Blogging system.
Nowadays it is the most frequently used CMS for creating websites and also has the ability to provide blog posts to a website visitor. Bearing this in mind your WordPress driven site should be kept safe by installing and configuring best WordPress plugins available for security purpose.
Every business should be secured first. Even a temporary loss to its traffic and sales could harm the whole reputation of respective business firms.
What should you know about WordPress vulnerabilities?
Following pie-chart will show you the most common vulnerability types found in WordPress core, themes and plugins.
As you can see, the most popular vulnerability types in WordPress core, plugins and themes are SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting.
How to save WordPress Websites from security vulnerabilities:
If you have a WordPress powered site, I highly recommend that you set up and configure a best WordPress security plugin to harden your website against all but the most determined hackers. Here’s a list of five top WordPress plugins that can make your WordPress site pretty secure:
- – iTheme Security
- – All In One WP Security and Firewall
- – Wordfence Security
- – BulletProof Security
- – Sucuri Security
WordPress Security Plugins Feature Comparison
Stay Informed: Top 10 Popular WordPress Themes of 2017
Let’s discuss some cool WordPress Plugins in shorts:
1) All In One WP Security and Firewall
The All in One WP Security and Firewall is an intensive WordPress security plugin. It safeguards your site by checking all the vulnerabilities and employing the latest protection methods to help look after the vulnerabilities it recognizes as long as is possible.
- Provides three security levels– Basic, Intermediate and Advanced
- If you are using basic security then you are secure and the plugin does not break the performance of your site.
- Effectively prevents Brute Force login attack by locking out any user who is attempting to gain access to your website’s Admin dashboard by means of multiple invalid login attempts.
- The plugin also shows a listing of all the locked out users.
- This WordPress plugin has security level meter. This will help keep you well informed of the present degree of your site security.
- The plugin updates you if any of the WordPress data files are altered. This could be blocked instantly using a single mouse click.
2) Wordfence Security
Wordfence is my choice for WordPress protection. This is a WordPress security plugin with more than 2 .5 million downloads, which speaks well of the usability and popularity of this plugin. This plugin shows all the hacked files and monitors the access of the blog visitors. It includes virus scanning, firewall and new cache engine that protect your blog from malicious attacks of hackers.
- Wordfence efficiently displays robots who are trying to affect your blog.
- It checks your blog once every hour.
- It possesses the ability to recuperate the WordPress core files of your Blog site just in case these have been infected due to one reason or the other. This feature is available in both free and premium version.
- Wordfence checks WordPress comments, posts, and malicious URLs.
- You no longer need to enter an API key in the free version.
If you wish to secure your site with some extra features, you should try the premium version of this plugin. The premium version of this plugin consists of two-step country blocking, authentication, scheduled scanning and much more.
3) iTheme Security
iTheme security, previously known as ‘Better WP security’, is a well known WordPress security plugin. This wordpress plugin provides 30+ methods to guard your WordPress site from the hazardous attacks .
It also improves user credentials by correcting automated attacks and typical loopholes. The plugin comes in both free and premium versions. Both of them possess same features; however, premium version incorporates few more features like Geo ID banning, two-factor authentication, and user action logging.
- Creates a backup of Database files before protecting your site.
- Effectively prevents brute force attacks by locking up all users who make the effort to gain access to your website with invalid login attempts.
- Monitors your site and records all the alterations which are made in database and file system.
- Block all users who add malicious code to the website or seek to access your website.
- It permits only admin to access the site numerous times.
4) BulletProof Security
BulletProof Security is yet another widely used and efficient WordPress security plugin. This plugin offers 1-click security solution and enables you to protect the wp-admin folder of your WordPress site. This plugin garners your site against CRLF, RFI, Code injection, XSS, and SQL injection hackings.
- This plugin makes use of .htaccess security protection that safeguards key file like wp-config.php, php.ini and many other WordPress files.
- Efficiently records and displays the number of WP admin dashboard login attempts.
- It quickly provides information to your website visitors if your website is in maintenance mode.
- It alarms you via Email when it detects any hacking or malicious activity occurring on your site.
5) Sucuri Security
Sucuri Security is another popular security plugin that offers services like malware removal, website monitoring and many more services to secure your WordPress website. This plugin effectively detects a large number of SPAM, malware, server blacklisting and many other security issues.
- Allows you to scan all the core files of WordPress.
- Effectively detects changes in the core files and timely informs you.
- Offer the last login feature, allows you to see the last logged-in user specifying the date, login time, and IP address of the user.
- Provides a post-hack option which allows you to change all passwords, usernames if ever your website was hacked into, which is a big help in securing your website.
Let’s try and make our WordPress websites as secure as possible. If you use some other WordPress security plugin, please share the information in the comments section below. This will be of enormous help to all the readers of my Blog posts.
To ensure maximum security, a well developed WordPress website is quite important. If you also want to have a secured WordPress website, you can contact MarkupBox: the leading WordPress developer in India.