AngularJS vs ReactJS vs NodeJS: Which One Is best?
Here is the list:
In 2009, Google launched its open source client side web framework called as AngularJS. It was developed for angular developers aiming at resolving issues in single page application creation.
It extends HTML vocabulary for your web application. Due to its extensibility feature, it can work well with other libraries. Moreover, it has a large support community.
Top 3 reasons to choose AngularJS:
1) User interface
AngularJS uses HTML to define a web app’s user interface because HTML is a declarative language and less brittle to recognize. The overall game is of attributes you use in your HTML where these attributes define which controller will be used for which element.
It simplifies your web development process and you just define what you want. However, AngularJS takes care of all the dependencies.
The use of filters and directives makes it a flexible for web app development. Directives bring functionality to HTML rather than manipulating DOM. In fact, if you put DOM manipulation code into directives, you can easily separate them out of your MVC app.
Always remember: Every DOM manipulations should be performed by directives.
AngularJS is completely linked to Dependency Injection and all your controllers depend on the DI. AngularJS unit testing is done by injecting mock data into your controller and then measuring the output with behavior.
This provides a new way of testing web apps in which individual test pages are created which further calls one component and interacts with it to see if it works.
To be more technical, you may look at the following pros and cons of this framework for your AngularJS developement.
– Data synchronization is automatically done between model view and components
– Easily testable framework
– Inbuilt dependency injection subsystem
– Customized Document Object Model(DOM) can be created easily.
– Simple routing
– Amazing UI design
– Angular Data binding
– It is an extension to HTML syntax and also used to create reusable components by directives.
– It gives robust template building solutions
– Great Angular libraries
– DOM elements claim to performance issues
– Scopes are hard to debug
– Limited Routing
– Angular becomes slow with pages embedding interactive elements
– Third party integration is complex
– Steep learning curve
Related: Top 7 Reasons To Choose AngularJs
Top 3 reasons to choose ReactJS:
1) SEO Effective
But ReactJS has beaten up this. You can easily run ReactJS on the server and the virtual DOM will be rendered then which further return to the browser as a regular web page. No hard tricks are required for this.
2) Components in ReactJS
PolymerJS and Shadow DOM has already created a lot of buzzes which are typically used to create customizable elements, self-contained elements that you can easily import into your project.
But RecatJS makes you able to create your own components which you can later combine, reuse or nest your core content. So it doesn’t make use of Shadow DOM or PolymerJS.
3) Great efficiency
ReactJS creates its own virtual DOM where your components actually live. It takes care of all the changes to made in the DOM and updates in the DOM tree also. This makes it a flexible approach to gain a good performance. Hence, it discards costly DOM operations and regularly makes updates efficiently.
Check out the following pros and cons of this framework for your development project:
-It has smooth interface designs and easy learning API
– It consists of React native library
– You can reuse code with React JS
– High performance as compared to other JS frameworks
– It is fully component based architecture
– Importing components is easy
– You can even create isomorphic/universal web apps with server side rendering
– Faster updates
– Steep learning curve
– JSX is not appreciated by all web developers
– It consists of a very sophisticated view layer
– It’s a library only not a framework
– Flux architectures
– Some configurations would be required if you integrate React into an MVC framework
Read More: 11 Web Design Trends in 2018
Top 3 reasons to choose NodeJS:
1) Server side proxy
NodeJS can be easily used as a server-side proxy. That’s how it can handle a number of simultaneous connections in a non-blocking manner. It is mainly used when you want to collect data from multiple source points or want to proxying different services with different response times.
Moreover, you can build a client side app for assets and proxying/stubbing API requests with NodeJS development server.
NPM(Node Package Manager) play an important role which should not be neglected at all. It comes by default with your Node.js installation and provides support for package management. The idea of NPM is similar to the concept of Ruby Gems. Some of the most popularly used NPM modules are given here:
– mongojs and mongodb
– socket.io and sockjs
3) Data Streaming
HTTP requests and responses are considered as isolated events but they are actual data streams . These are used in NodeJS to build some amazing features. This helps in proxying between different data resources and also used for real time video and audio encoding.
Here, we have listed out some of its major pros and cons to help NodeJS developers:
-It shares the same piece of code with both client and server side
– Concurrent request handling due to asynchronous event driven IO
– You can easily stream big files
– NPM(Node-packaged modules) has already become wide and growing at fast rate
– Easy to learn
– Large and vibrant support community
– It is not scalable because one CPU is not enough to take advantage of multiple tasks
– It is not meant for CPU-intensive tasks and only suited for web servers
– Nested callbacks
– Relational database issues
Related Blog: 7 Reasons Why Node.js is So Popular
Check out the following feature comparison table for AngularJS vs ReactJS vs NodeJS:
Here is our opinion to help you choose best framework between “AngularJS vs ReactJS vs NodeJS”:
AngularJS is fully featured framework than ReactJS, which is not really a framework but a library. With ReactJS, you write less code and do more. In fact, React is better than AngularJS when it comes to their performance. It is because of React’s implementation of virtual DOM. However, AngularJS has a large support community and following while React is just getting started.
Hope you are now more clear about all three frameworks. If you find more about these frameworks that are not listed in here be sure to comment.